Saturday, November 30, 2013

It's Just a Haircut...

On a completely unrelated note, I'm cutting my hair in a month. It's really not that big a deal to get a haircut, I know, but I'm doing this as a fundraiser for the Roswell Park Cancer Institute.

On January 1, 2014 I'll head over to a friend's house and she's going to give me a pixie cut. While I'm hoping to look something like this:
 
there's a pretty good chance that I'll come out looking more like this:


The fundraiser is Goin' Bald For Bucks, and the idea is that participants cut their hair to show support for those who go through chemotherapy, radiation treatment, or just deal with cancer on a daily basis. I'll admit that I'm not quite brave enough to shave my head like some of the participants. The pixie cut is going to be my shortest haircut ever. As an added bonus, I'm donating the cut hair to Locks of Love, an organization that makes wigs for people undergoing cancer treatments. A friend of mine made some adorable headbands to send along with the hair so that whoever gets mine also has something to put in it right away.

My goal is to raise $500 for Roswell Park Cancer Institute, and I'm not quite at the half-way point yet. If anyone would like to contribute, I'd be very grateful. I know this is a busy time of year with holidays, travel, family visits, and everything else, but every little bit helps. The link to my site is right underneath the 2nd photo, and there you can see my before picture. It was taken a few months ago, and my hair's a bit longer now... 

No comments:

Post a Comment