Saturday, November 23, 2013

Dairy-Free and Easy

I got called on to babysit today at the last minute. It's a cold day, and so I wanted something warm and cozy we could do together indoors. What's more fun than baking and decorating cookies? Because I wasn't sure what my friend had on hand and I didn't want to haul all of my ingredients over,  I went for the no-fuss option of pre-made dough. 
Pillsbury makes dairy-free sugar cookie dough! 

I'm a sucker for canned icing, and there are a surprising number of dairy-free options. My favorite is the Betty Crocker Cream Cheese flavored icing. Yes, it's dairy-free. Please don't ask me to think too much about what ingredients go into dairy-free cream cheese icing... 

The cookies are a breeze to make. Preheat the oven to 375, then all it takes is 10-15 minutes. Adds and I decorated a gingerbread house while we waited for the cookies to cool enough to frost. The gingerbread house is admittedly far from dairy-free, but it's not really for me anyhow. 

When the cookies were cool, we spread a bit of frosting on top and then sprinkled them with some snowflakes in honor of the weather. 

Easy-peasy, dairy-free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment